Therapeutic Residential Youth Worker (Casual)
We are seeking passionate, experienced and qualified Therapeutic Youth Residential Workers to work collaboratively in a team environment to provide a high standard of therapeutic care to young people residing in residential care.
As the position is casual, the location and types of shifts you complete is entirely up to you thanks to our Online Bookings System and Staff Smartphone Apps! Shift Allocations, Availability and Time Sheets are all completed electronically through your Staff Smart Phone App (available on Apple and Android)!
If you are qualified, experienced and looking for work-life balance, apply now! We can have you working in as little as 1-3 weeks!
What is the Role?
Out-of-home care refers to the care of children and young people up to 18 years who are unable to live with their families. People working in Out of Home Care play an important and crucial role in caring for these children and young people.
We have on offer a variety of shifts and locations, including but not limited to AM, PM, Sleepover and Active Nights in the South East, Mornington Peninsula, Geelong, Gippsland, Bendigo, and more! Work when and where you want!
Minimum Qualification for Residential Care
From 1 January 2018 all residential care workers providing direct care in a residential care home funded or delivered by the Department of Health and Human Services are required to hold either:
- A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care) and the Mandatory Units of Competency (Top Up Skills Course)
- A Recognised Relevant Qualification, plus the Mandatory Units of Competency (Top Up Skills Course)
The Mandatory Units of Competency (Top Up Skills Course) consists of the following units:
- CHCMHS007 – Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCPRT010 – Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs
- CHCPRT009 – Provide primary residential care
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
All applicants are subject to a National Police History Check and an International Police Check (if applicable)
Essential Requirement (must have or be willing to obtain)
- Current Level 2 First Aid and CPR Refresher
- DHHS Fire Safety Certificate
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check (Employee)
- A Current Victorian Driver’s Licence (P2 or Full Licence)
- Road Worthy, Insured and Reliable Vehicle
- Mobile Phone with Internet Access (Apple or Android)